Purchasers in Ontario can add Land Transfer Taxes to their list of closing costs. These taxes, levied on properties that are changing hands, are the responsibility of the purchaser.
First-Time Homebuyer in Ontario – Click to View: Land Transfer Refund
Ontario – Land Transfer Tax Calculation – Click to Calculate: Your Land Transfer Tax
- Land Transfer Tax Up to $55,000 X .5 % of total property value
- From $55,000 to $250,000 X 1 % of total property value
- From $250,000 to $400,000 X 1.5 % of total property value
- From $400,000 up X 2 % of total property value
- Example: If you purchase a property for $260,000 in Ontario, for example, .5 per cent is charged on the first $55,000, 1 per cent is charged on $55,000 – $250,000, while the $250,000 – $400,000 range is taxed at 1.5 per cent. Your total tax bill? $2,375.00.
Real Estate Websites by Web4Realty