Tips for Open Houses
Tuesday Jun 19th, 2018
For a successful open house successful.
- Planning is critical to your success.
- Your Open House will be posted on MLS and various domains
- Check your calendar for dates that won’t conflict with other events
- Stay away from events ie. Super Bowl Sunday or Mother’s Day!
- Cross your fingers for “good weather”
Show your Home to the best advantage
- You want to create an atmosphere of spaciousness
- Get rid of the clutter to maximize your space.
- Have a garage sale, empty closets and take or give them away to charity.
- Make sure you cut the grass or shovel the sidewalk as the season requires.
- Perk up problem areas, spot painting, oil squeaking hinges and tighten loose screws
- Review your home and do the little things to show that your home is cared for.
On Open House Day
- Leave all the lights on
- Have a fire burning in the fireplace
- Soft background music is good
- Coffee brewing smells great
- Make a welcoming impression.
Dont’ Stay Home at Open Houses
Linda will tell you, the best thing you can do to make your open house a success is to not be home. We receive better results when your visitors feel free to poke about, linger, and ask very direct questions. If you’re present, they’ll feel more constrained and we may not even get an opportunity to identify their concerns and/or attempt to offer them options and solutions. Pack up the kids, dog and cat.
- Enjoy your day away Trust Linda and her team to do their job. After all, they are the experts!